Islands of the Mid-Maine coast / Charles B. McLane. - Gardiner (Maine) : Tilbury house publishers, 1993-1998. - 5 vol.
|NOTE DE L'ÉDITEUR : The McLanes have delved into a wealth of
primary sources, using old tax assessments, court records, and
early maps to spin their tales of the early settlers of Maine's
islands and their descendants. Here is history as it too seldom
is in textbooks : colorful, human, downright irresistible.
Each volume is replete with rare vintage
photos and dozens of maps and will delight all who love islands,
or simply a good read.
- « Islands of the Mid-Maine coast : Penobscot bay » (1998)
- « Islands of the Mid-Maine coast : Mount Desert to Machias bay » (1993)
- « Islands of the Mid-Maine coast : Muscongus bay and Monhegan Island » (1993)
- « Islands of the Mid-Maine coast : Blue Hill bay » (1993)
- « Islands of the Mid-Maine coast : Pemaquid point to the Kennebec river » (1998)
McLane is a professor emeritus of government at Dartmouth College and
has written several books on Sino/Soviet relations. His late wife Carol
collaborated closely with him on the Islands series.|
- Charles B. McLane, « Red
right returning » a novel, Gardiner (Maine) : Tilbury
house ; Rockland (Maine) : Island institute, 2004